UTHSC SURGICAL ONCOLOGY
ANNUAL CANCER SYMPOSIUM:
Updates in the Multidisciplinary
Management of Endocrine Tumors
Saturday, October 1, 2022
7:30 AM – 3:00 PM
The University of Tennessee Health Science Center
Mooney Building, Library, Room 201
875 Monroe Avenue • Memphis, TN 38163
This year’s symposium will take place on Saturday October 1st, in the newly renovated Mooney Building Library on the campus of The University of Tennessee Health Science Center.
This event is designed to be a high yield learning opportunity for healthcare providers involved in the evaluation and management of thyroid, parathyroid, and adrenal neoplasms with a mix of didactic lectures and case-based panel discussions.
Attendees can receive up to 5.75 AMA PRA Category 1 CME credits
The University of Tennessee Health Science Center Division of Surgical Oncology is hosting a one-day symposium on the management of endocrine tumors. The purpose of this activity is to educate healthcare providers on up-to-date strategies for the evaluation and management of patients with thyroid, parathyroid, and adrenal neoplasms. The symposium will provide a unique opportunity for clinicians involved in the care of these patients to learn from and interact with leading national and local faculty to increase clinical knowledge, apply new data into practice, and ultimately improve patient outcomes.
• Understand the role of molecular diagnostics in the evaluation and management of thyroid nodules
• Review the appropriate surgical management for well differentiated and medullary thyroid carcinoma
• Understand systemic therapy options for patients with advanced thyroid cancer
• Appreciate the radiographic evaluation of patients with primary hyperparathyroidism and the role of surgical therapy for these patients
• Discuss the evaluation and management for patients with functional, non-functional, benign and malignant adrenal tumors.
Parking is available in the following two garages:
• Hamilton Eye Institute Parking Garage (H Lot)
Distance: 7-minute walk
Location: Madison Avenue at Pauline Street (across from Landau Uniforms)
• Pharmacy Building Parking Garage (E Lot)
Distance: 5-minute walk
Location: West of the College of Pharmacy building. The Mooney building is located at 875 Monroe Avenue. Exit either parking garage onto Madison Avenue. Walk west on Madison Avenue towards South Dunlap Street. Turn left onto South Dunlap Street. Monroe Avenue is on the left – walk through the newly renovated quadrangle and the Mooney building is directly ahead. If you get to Union Avenue, you have gone too far.