The Memphis Medical Society is a non-profit, physician professional organization, dedicated to uniting and advocating for the physicians of Shelby County and their patients. The Society is a trusted source of up-to-date healthcare industry news and resources to make physicians’ lives better at home and at practice. It is the local chapter of the Tennessee Medical Association.
Our Strategic Plan – approved in 2021
1) Increase Membership
- Increase our membership to 1,100 dues-paying members.
- Bring together the house of medicine through innovative solutions and strategic partnerships with healthcare stakeholders.
2) Create an inclusive medical community that supports and advocates for physicians, their practices, and their patients.
- Reorganize governance and committee structures to grow and maintain physician engagement.
- Grow financial position to fund new, innovative programs to benefit members.
3) Utilize the talents of our members to improve the health of our communities.
- Position MMS leaders in community leadership roles that have the greatest impact on community health
- Launch and expand Project Access West Tennessee to deliver healthcare to all West
The Society is committed to providing a professional work environment that maintains employee equality, dignity, and respect. In keeping with this commitment the Society strictly prohibits discriminatory practices, including all sorts of workplace harassment including sexual harassment.
The Society prohibits harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age or disability.