Church Health invites entire community to Care for One Another on August 28
Church Health, a faith-based, non-profit organization that provides medical care and whole-health services to individuals with little or no access to affordable healthcare, will host its inaugural Giving Day on August 28, and invites the entire community to join a growing set of ambassadors committed to helping those in need at http://www.ChurchHealth.org/givingday or by calling 901.701.2000.
For more than 30 years, Church Health has provided care to more than 70,000 people through a comprehensive model of medical and wellness services including primary and specialty care, dentistry, optometry, nutrition, physical therapy, movement, urgent care and behavioral health. Patients are served through a vast and generous network of healthcare providers, institutions and partners.
Santana, a Memphis contractor, husband and father, received support from a doctor who understands how care for the body and care for the spirit go hand-in-hand in achieving true wellness. When he came to Church Health last year experiencing debilitating abdominal pain, severe weight loss and difficulty walking, Santana found hope with his physician, Dr. Sheila Thomas. He tears up when he talks about his experience at Church Health: “She has cried with me and prayed with me. She has never hurried through our visits. She is a true gift from God,” Santana says. His relationship with Dr. Thomas is a testament to the healing mission of Church Health.
Since their relocation to Crosstown Concourse in 2017, Church Health patient visits have increased 17% and the demand for services continues to grow. “Church Health Giving Day will demonstrate that each small gift can add up to make a big difference in the lives of those in need,” explains Dr. Scott Morris, Founder and CEO. “We have been blessed to have some incredibly generous and caring people faithfully support our mission throughout the years, and we invite everyone to join the Church Health family in caring for one another.”
To participate in Giving Day and stay informed about Church Health:
- GIVE by August 28 at www.ChurchHealth.org/GivingDay or call 901.701.2000.
- Visit www.ChurchHealth.org/GivingDayToolkit to print, post and share Giving Day tips and tools
- Sign up for Church Health’s newsletter at https://ChurchHealth.org/enews-signup
- Follow Church Health on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ChurchHealthMemphis
- Follow Church Health on Twitter at @ChurchHealth901 and Instagram at @churchhealthmemphis and use the Giving Day campaign hashtag #GiveChurchHealth
- For general information, including patient information and health resources, visit ChurchHealth.org