Health Directive 17 from the Shelby County Health Department goes into effect January 23.
Below is a summary.
Directive 17 summary:
- Lifts the more restrictive measures of the “Safer at Home” Health Directive No. 16 and returns to safety measures found in Health Directives 14 and 15.
- Focuses on personal responsibility as the measure of how COVID-19 will ultimately impact Shelby County and surrounding communities.
- Nothing is closed per se. Certain businesses that have more interaction with the public have additional, specific safety measures.
- Organizers/businesses that want to submit a proposal for a specific event or wish to expand their operations in a manner that is not already addressed in the Health Directive, should submit a plan by clicking here
- Schools are strongly encouraged to suspend all school-related close-contact sports at this time.