Bluff City Medical Society Seeking a Part-time Executive Assistant
Bluff City Medical Society is an organization of physicians of color in the Memphis area focused
on eliminating health disparities and mentoring young physicians. We are seeking a part-time
executive assistant to provide administrative and operational support for the organization. The
ideal applicant is a highly organized, self-motivated professional with exemplary time –
Key responsibilities include:
● Sort and triage mail; maintain email and telephone communications of the organization.
● Maintain and update calendars
● Receives and screens meeting requests
● Coordinates, arranges, confirms meeting appointments, social engagements, events
● Assist in the preparation and distribution of meeting agendas and materials including
various reports from the executive committee.
● Maintain the membership roster and assist with dues collection/invoice preparation.
● Collaboration with the treasurer on yearly financial documents including tax preparation.
● Coordinate monthly meeting locations and serve as primary contact for guest speakers,
making travel and hotel arrangements (when needed).
● Directly perform a wide variety of support duties for the executive committee as needs
● Collaboration with web designer to maintain organization’s website
● Attend all organization executive team meetings, monthly general membership meetings,
and special events
● Attendance as needed at other events as requested by the executive team
● Communication with members, prospective members, sponsors, and prospective
● Development and utilization of filing and retrieval system for recordkeeping
Skills and Qualifications:
● Three to five year’s prior experience supporting a nonprofit or executive team
● Excellent computer skills, including the Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word,
PowerPoint, and Excel)
● Social Media Content Creation
● Marketing & Email platform maintenance
● Minor accounting skills
● Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills
● Experience in a healthcare setting is a plus
● Bachelor’s degree preferred
● Must be able to work independently
● Strong ability to multitask and accomplish more than one task on a continuous basis
● Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
● Excellent time management skills with proven ability to meet deadlines and follow up
● Requires some lifting and carrying objects such as office supplies weighing up to 15 lbs.
● Salary -highly competitive
● Part- time – up to 30 hours per month
● 1099 contract paid monthly
● Partially remote
● Flexible scheduling
BCMS is an equal opportunity organization. We encourage diverse candidates to apply.
Apply and upload resume here: https://forms.gle/rRtaFLncAGeH4Sbv8