JOB TITLE: Special Events Coordinator, West Cancer Center
- The Special Events Coordinator organizes and implements awareness and educational programs created to increase community participation in fundraising for UT/West Institute and West Cancer Center. Models appropriate behavior as exemplified in West Cancer Center Mission, Vision and Values.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, or other related fields, preferred.
RELEVANT EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- One to two years experience in outside sales and/or recruitment.
- Experience working with businesses and managing volunteers.
- Must be able to function effectively while working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals and groups in person, through presentations and in writing.
- Must be diplomatic and enthusiastic advocate for WCC.
- Must be able to work independently, without supervision.
- Must have flexible schedule to be able to work some nights and weekends and occasionally travel in the region.
Manages and/or assists with special events held for the benefit of UT/West Institute for Cancer Research
- Acts as liaison with volunteer groups or committees conducting fundraising events.
- Works to manage event budget and use of WCC image within fundraising events.
- Assists in developing opportunities for in-kind donations, timetables and event logistics.
- Works with volunteers to create solicitations for sponsorship donations for event.
- Trains and educates volunteers about event cause and helps coordinate a strategic plan for implementation of event.
- Working with donor services, maintains data entry of volunteer support, event sponsorship and event participant relationships in Foundation’s database.
Works closely with event participants to continue and increase fundraising efforts for UT/West Institute for Cancer Research
- Develops and maintains new relationships with Fight On sponsors to continue and increase fundraising efforts
- Creates and implements a minimum monthly communication plan for sponsors.
- Conducts periodic site visits to top sponsors within market, while maintaining site visit notes along with periodic analysis of progress of support.
- Assists with third party special events implemented by local businesses.
- Assist with website strategy, design and development
- Develops graphic designs for marketing and collateral needs
Develops plans and strategies for cause marketing related programs. Supports fundraising plans and strategies.
- Writes proposals for and makes sales calls on potential sponsors.
- Develops and implements various aspects of special events to market program with individual sponsor.
- Develops and oversees budgets as needed.
- Plans and orders specialty items as needed.
- The physical activities of this position may include climbing, pushing, standing, hearing, walking, reaching, grasping, kneeling, stooping, and repetitive motion.
- Must have good balance and coordination.
- The physical requirements of this position are: light work – exerting up to 25 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 10 lbs. of force frequently.
- The Associate is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity, such as preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; or extensive reading.
- The conditions to which the Associate will be subject in this position: The Associate is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions; job functions are typically performed under conditions such as those found in general office or administrative work.
SUPERVISION PROVIDED BY THIS POSITION TITLE:
- There are no supervisory or lead responsibilities assigned to this position.