Sri Lakshmi Narra, MD
Born into a family of physicians (both parents as well as grandfather), Dr. Narra was exposed to the field of medicine at a very young age and this became a natural career choice. She graduated from Osmania Medical College in Hyderabad, India and after a brief stay in Long Island, New York, she moved to Memphis in 2004. She completed her Internal Medicine Residency in 2007 and then a Fellowship in Gastroenterology in 2010 from the University of Tennessee, Memphis. This was followed by an additional year of training in Advanced Therapeutic Endoscopy at Georgetown University Hospital in Washington, D.C. She joined Gastro One in 2011 and currently works as a GI hospitalist at Baptist Memorial Hopsital, Memphis. She has recently started her office practice at our 1324 Wolf Park Drive location in Germantown, TN.
Dr. Narra is Board Certified in Internal Medicine since 2007 and in Gastroenterology since 2010.
American College of Gastroenterology, American Gastroenterological Association, American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
1. Extraosseous plasmacytoma of the stomach: Parikh JG, Behrman S, Narra, S, Lyda M, Callihan T, Dress MA. Gastrointest Endosc. 2014 Aug;80(2):341
2. Pulmonary embolism following 2-octyl-cyanoacrylate/lipiodol injection for obliteration of gastric varices: an imaging perspective: Singer AD, Fananapazir G, Maufa F, Narra S, Ascher S. J Radiol Case Rep. 2012 Feb;6(2):17-22
3. Biliary sludge and obstruction: another sign of a delayed hemolytic transfusion reaction: Narra S, Al-Kawas F, Carroll JE, Sandler SG. Transfusion. 2011 Apr;51(4):686-7
4. The importance of preparation and innovation in the endoscopic management of esophageal foreign bodies: Narra S, Al-Kawas FH. Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2010 Dec;6(12):795-7
5. Phlegmasia cerulea dolens: Sarwar S, Narra S, Munir A. Tex heart Inst J. 2009;36(1):76-7
6. Granular cell tumor of the esophagus: report of five cases and review of the literature: Narra SL, Tombazzi C, Datta V, Ismail MK. Am J Med Sci. 2008 May;335(5): 338-41