This position will be responsible for coordinating the activities of departments involved in patient access of the services of our clinic, such as scheduling, telephone operations, transcription and medical records. The manager will guide the departments in providing excellent customer service as well as the highest quality experience for our patients. Works under the general direction of the VP of Revenue Cycle Management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans, organizes, and manages the activities of staff in Scheduling, Telephone Operations, Medical Records and Transcription
- Maximizes the patient experience and access to services provided by our clinic by implementing and promoting excellent customer experiences.
- Ensure minimum wait times for patients and referring physicians and follows up on complaints promptly.
- Ensure highest quality of information obtained, recorded and sent to outside parties in keeping with HIPAA regulations. Review the quality of patient registration documents on a daily basis.
- Develop and maintain a Patient Access Policy and Procedure Manual
- Assists with changes and/or refinements to processes, policies, and procedures.
- Generates reports as needed.
- Assists with training/education processes as needed.
- Defines/refines better ways in which employees can assist patients in accessing services at our clinic.
- Answers questions as a resource for the Patient Access Services.
- Supervise and maintain the productivity of employees
- Displays leadership qualities and compliance with company policies.
- Maintains a professional approach respecting the dignity and confidentiality of patients and employees.
- Attends staff/manager meetings as scheduled.
- Interacts internally with Physicians, CEO, CFO, VP of Revenue Cycle Management, CNO, the EMR support team and staff.
- Interacts externally with vendors.
- Performs all other duties, as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in business administration and a minimum of three to five years experience in the Healthcare Administrative or Business environment or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior management experience required. Possess knowledge of payer networks and guidelines.
Must have excellent organization and follow-up skills; excellent verbal and written communication skills, excellent problem-solving skills, ability to organize and prioritize work assignments; ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment; ability to analyze situations and respond in a timely manner; ability to participate in multi-functional teams; ability to supervise the work performance of others; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within our organization; ability to establish and implement new processes; must be proficient in computer applications, including word processing, spreadsheet, and e-mail. Additional hours may be required.
Work Environment/Physical Demands/Travel
- Typical office environment with moderate noise level.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, reach, climb or balance, stoop or crouch, hand/wrist use, talk, see, and hear for extended periods of time.
- Ability to read and understand documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, correspondence. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak and present information in small groups of customers, suppliers, or employees of the company.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions given in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in routine situations.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Some travel may be required.