Salary: $0.00 /hour
The Intern is responsible for partnering with all Memphis Medical Society staff to achieve outcomes in membership, communications (digital and print), operations of the Society and its entities (MedTemps and Memphis Medical Foundation). We seek to provide an internship that develops a student’s skills, fosters key relationships with healthcare leaders and give a unique view into the healthcare landscape of Memphis.
Duties and responsibilities:
The Intern is responsible for and is tasked with the duties as follows:
- Work alongside CEO/EVP to learn day-to-day responsibilities. Those include:
- Special projects – including but not limited to the creation of a physician wellbeing resource
- Preparation for and attendance at Society Board Meetings
- Attend meetings with Society key stakeholders
- Preparation for and attendance at meetings with legislators and/or their staff
- Attend at least one meeting of the Tennessee Medical Association
- Assist with planning and attend Society membership events
- Assist with maintaining integrity of database
- Help develop membership recruitment and retention strategies
Communications and Marketing
- Assist with strategy and coordination of Society’s integrated communications plan to include:
- Social Media
- Website Content
- Article selection and possible submission
- Overall Layout
- Assist with all marketing and media relations for the Society
- Assist with the Society’s communications program to inform the membership of the activities of the Society
- Assist with the production, ad sales and content of printed materials, including the Quarterly Magazine and 126-page annual pictorial membership directory.
- Writes and edits correspondence for the Society, including speeches and professional magazine articles
- Helps coordinates events, including workshops and seminars related to medical practice issues for both members and their practice administrators.
- Helps coordinate the Society’s Annual Meeting and Installation of Officers
- Works in conjunction with the Society’s CEO/EVP and the Tennessee Medical Association (TMA) to ensure that a unified voice for organized medicine is presented at the local level
- Assists the Mid-South Medical Group Management Association (MSMGMA) with communications to their membership
- Assists the Society’s for profit business entity, MedTemps in all needed marketing and promotional activities
- Carries out other responsibilities as may be from time to time delegated by the CEO/EVP
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year accredited institution or currently pursuing degree
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Relational database management skills, including SQL knowledge, preferably in iMIS
- Graphic design and layout capabilities, as well as an understanding of pre-press standards and usage of QuarkXpress, PhotoShop and Adobe
- Website content editing with a working knowledge of WordPress
- Event planning experience and coordination capabilities
- Experience working with physicians and/or the medical community preferred
- Experience working with volunteers preferred
This job requires some local and regional travel. This job also requires some night and weekend activities. Otherwise, work is typically conducted between 8am – 5pm Monday-Friday.
Ability to lift up to 40 pounds on an as-needed basis.